SingleFlyer Top Posts of 2018
SingleFlyer turned 4 in 2018. The 400th post was written in 2018. Below are the top 10 posts I wrote in 2018 (based on page views). I’m always surprised by which posts get the most readers. You can read my top posts of all time here.
10. Japan Airlines First Class LAX-NRT JAL offers one of my favorite First Class experiences of any airline. The food is a work of art even if the seat doesn’t blow you away.
9. Options for Total Rewards Diamond Celebration Dinner Each year, Diamond elites with Total Rewards (soon to be Caesars Rewards) get a $100 credit towards a meal in Vegas. These are the restaurants where you can use the credit.
8. Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Casita Review My first (and only so far) stay at a Fairmont property was at the relaxing Fairmont Scottsdale where I was able to upgrade to a casita.
7. Plane Thief Quoted in Alaska’s Magazine One of the stranger news stories in aviation was that of an employee stealing an Alaska/Horizon plane for a joyride before crashing it near Seattle, killing himself. Stranger still — the employee was quoted the next month in Alaska’s in flight magazine (pure coincidence).
6. Why I am giving up my loyalty to Alaska Airlines With a number of negative changes in 2018, this post was a look at reasons I am considering ending my long time devotion to Alaska.
5. Amtrak Superliner Bedroom on Coast Starlight Review One of my favorite adventures in 2018 was taking the train from Los Angeles to Seattle. Having my own bedroom with bathroom and all meals included was fantastic!
4. Free Shows in Vegas for Total Rewards Diamond Members Posted in the last few weeks of 2018, this post received immediate interest. Find out what shows are free in Las Vegas for those Diamond elites with Caeasars Entertainment Total Rewards.
3. Alaska Airlines Accused of Discrimination against Gay Couple A historically LGBT friendly airline, Alaska was accused of discrimination.
2. Citi Prestige 4th Night Free + Hyatt Prive Benefits No More Though I never made use of the benefit, a good double dip went away this year.
1. Alaska Lounge in Terminal 7 at JFK The beautiful new Alaska Lounge opened, bringing some light to the darkness of Terminal 7 at JFK.