My top posts of 2023 were dominated by Virgin Voyages — apparently a lot of people want to know what it is like to sail the newest cruise line. Vegas was, once again, well represented in my annual list. Below are the top 10 most viewed posts written in 2023.
10. Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady Ship Review – Virgin Voyages has three (nearly) identical ships. Their first ship, Scarlet Lady, is 110,000 gross tons and a capacity of 2,700 guests. This post covers the common areas including pools, gyms, shopping, casinos and bars.
9. Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady Sea Terrace Review – The most common room by far on any Virgin Voyage ship is the Sea Terrace. From great tech (including fast wifi) to a balcony with the signature hammock, these cruise ship cabins are nearly perfect save one big mistake.
8. U2 Announces MSG Sphere Dates in Vegas – Announced during the Super Bowl, U2 would be the inaugural band to play the brand new, $2 billion venue in Las Vegas.
7. Booking Norwegian Cruise with Caesars Discount – I booked my 2023 Alaska cruise on Norwegian with a discount through Caesars Rewards and saved over $1,000.
6. New York New York Soho Premier King Review – I really like New York New York property in Las Vegas. The casino has the best theming but the rooms were extremely dated. Now the rooms have received a facelift and offer value at this classic hotel and casino.
5. Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady Dining Review – While other cruise lines charge for specialty restaurants, Virgin Voyages includes all dining venues with their cruise rates. And the variety and quality is top notch.
4. Holland America’s Club Orange Explained – Club Orange is Holland America’s paid upgrade program that gets you a better room and private dining room. I found it to be worth the up charge for my week long cruise through the Norwegian Fjords.
3. Hyatt Regency Seattle Review – While I was invited to the grand opening of the Hyatt Regency Seattle, I had yet to stay a night at the property. I finally got my chance to try out the huge hotel in downtown Seattle.
2. Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady Entertainment Review – Virgin Voyages does entertainment right. From shows in the Red Room to Scarlet Night to The Manor, there is a ton to choose from. The production quality is unreal.
1. Directions to Sphere from Las Vegas Strip – For the fourth year in a row, my most popular post of the year was Vegas related. The Las Vegas Sphere opened in late September. I attended one of U2’s concerts at the state of the art venue located about 1/2 mile off of the Las Vegas Strip. Easily the most read of posts from this year was a post about getting to the Sphere.
Thank you for reading SingleFlyer. In 2024 I will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the site as I look forward to sharing many more travel experiences in the years to come.