SingleFlyer Top Posts of 2021
This year was the start of a return to normal for travel. I was hoping we would be back to normal by now; but the impact of Covid is still being felt with travel. Some countries remain closed to international tourism. After getting my vaccination, I was able to travel internationally twice in 2021: Costa Rica for Spring Break and Europe over the summer. I look forward to more travel in 2022 as things continue to open up.
Below are my most read posts written in 2021 as of December 31, 2021. The list of my most popular posts overall is available here.
10. Grand Hyatt Athens Review – While the Grand Hyatt Athens is not in the tourist center, it does offer value for those looking for a chain hotel in the Greek capital.
9. Suncadia Resort (Destination Hotels by Hyatt) Review – My experience visiting the relatively local resort just east of Seattle as a Globalist.
8. Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge – Doha – I flew through Doha twice in 2021 and ended up spending a number of hours in the enormous Qatar Business Class lounge since I was unable to leave the airport due to Covid restrictions.
7. Miami Suite at the Confidante Miami Beach Review – The Confidante in Miami is a Hyatt Unbound Collection Category 4 property. This means it is a great use of a Hyatt free night certificate. Miami isn’t quite my style, but the suite was nice enough.
6. Driving Route 66 through Arizona – In February I rented a car in LA and drove across the American southwest to El Paso, TX. Across Arizona I drove Route 66 from west to east and documented my various stops along the way.
5. Caesars Rewards Free Night for each 5,000 Tier Credits – One of the advertised benefits with Caesars Rewards is a free night at any Vegas or Atlantic City property after earning 5,000 Tier Credits. However, this seems to be a RINO (Reward in Name Only) since every night I tried at multiple properties was blacked out.
4. Andaz Costa Rica Suite Review – I finally got down to the Andaz Papagayo in Costa Rica after a failed attempt the year prior due to Covid. The property is fantastic and it is worth using an upgrade to a suite. Oh, and there are monkeys.
3. NoMad Las Vegas Salon Double Room Review – I visited the NoMad Las Vegas twice in 2021. My first stay was in a Salon Double with a small “theater” nook while my second stay was in a Grande Suite.
2. Caesars Rewards Diamond Status – 2021 Update – Las Vegas made a big comeback in 2021 and Caesars Rewards elites were apparently excited to find out what their status did and didn’t offer them.
1. Understanding Omega Mart at Area 15 Las Vegas – Without a doubt, my most popular post from 2021 was the overall top read post on SingleFlyer in 2021 even though it was written 6 months into the year. This unique art installation by Meow Wolf is a strange immersive experience that puts you at the center of the story. It is something that appeals to all ages, which can be rare in Vegas, and should be on the list of anyone going to Sin City.