Never heard of the Alaska Airlines Price Guarantee? Here is what you need to know.
If you read this website with any regularity, you know that Alaska Airlines is my airline of choice. Partially this is by default (I live in Seattle and SEA is their hub), but also my experience is that Alaska Airlines is the best domestic carrier out there. Their crews are always professional and friendly, their loyalty program is top notch, and their customer service is wonderful. But, they are NOT always the cheapest option.
However, I utilize a tool that has saved me hundreds of dollars over the past couple of years. Alaska Airlines Price Guarantee is easy to use and takes no time to make a claim. If you find that the price on your ticket has dropped OR you just want to see if it has dropped, here is how to make a claim (or go directly to their website):
- Navigate to alaskaair.com. On the main website, navigate to the “Flights” menu under “Plan & Book”.
- Click on the “Alaska Airlines Price Guarantee” icon, typically in the lower right of the screen under the Hawaii highlight.
- Click the blue “CLAIM” button in the lower right of the screen.
- Fill in your Last Name, Confirmation Code (the 6 digit code given you you at booking), and the Captcha. Then click “Continue”. Note: If you aren’t sure of your Confirmation Code, click on “My Trips” at the top of the page to see all of your purchased trips.
- You will then be shown a screen that will either tell you that you already have the lowest fare or let you know that there is a lower fare available. The best option at this point is to have your funds deposited into your online wallet if you think you will use the credit within in the next year.
The credit will be good for a future flight and can be used during the checkout process. Go and try out the Alaska Airlines Price Guarantee.
Tip: If you have flights booked on Alaska, it is a good idea to go through this process for each flight every week or so. Prices change. It is a good investment to check once week. It has saved me a couple hundred dollars in the past two years of using the price guarantee.